I have been trying to get to writing another blog post, but life is flying at warp speed right now (just finished Month 3 at Integrative Nutrition!)… I have created a Facebook page for This One Healthy Life (my new health coaching business-yeah!) and am working on building up readership there, getting sketches and designs together to create a logo for the business so I can order business cards, trying to make some great meals that are photo worthy to add to the new page (and here), football practices, dr. appointments, family vacations, and the list goes on and on and on! Oh, and yesterday I started back in the classroom to get the room set up for my new first graders coming after Labor Day! Yikes! I’m not ready!!!
What I love about it all, however, is that I am having the time of my life getting to know new people and ideas, and turning it all into something amazing…I am so excited for this next year of my life and the ways that I am changing and growing. Now, if I could just figure out my exercise routine, everything would be perfect! (Right?!)
Some exciting news is that I have been nominated for a blogging award called the Liebster Award. This is an honor given by bloggers to bloggers to promote and highlight smaller, lesser known blogs (under 200 followers). It’s accepted with the intention of paying it forward, meaning each honoree shall nominate other small blogs. My nomination came from Booty Barre extraordinaire Rita Horter, over at Completely Rita, who I met after enrolling at Integrative Nutrition. We discovered that we were both from the same small town and both embarking on the journey of becoming health coaches! What a small world… We are enjoying getting to know each other and being able to practice all of our newly developing coaching skills 🙂 Thank you, Rita, for the nomination!
Here are the rules:
1. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
2. You must pick 10 bloggers with a small following to be nominated for the award (other versions of the rules give you the range of 5-10).
3. You must create 10 questions for the nominees to answer on their blog.
4. Then link back to the person who nominated you.
5. And then go to each new nominee’s blog and notify them of the nomination.
My questions from Rita:
- Why did you start your blog? I started this blog in January of 2013, to help me put all of my thoughts, information and recipes into one place and be able to share it with others dealing with food allergies.
- What’s your dream guest-blog gig? Hmmm… not exactly sure, but I am in LOVE with both Elephant Journal and Mind Body Green, so those are probably my top two!
- If you could have any talent, what would it be? Having never been very graceful, I would love to be able to dance…and not look like a fool!
- What does your perfect day look like? There are so many things that could constitute a perfect day, but right now I would say: half a day to myself, reading in the sun on my patio, and half a day having fun with family…a perfect balance of my loves 🙂
- Were you named after anyone? If so, who? Not that I am aware of…though there is that song…Summer Breeze by Seals & Crofts…I used to imagine that my name came from that song…”Blowing through the jasmine in my mind…”
- What is your favorite smell? Lemon oil or almond extract
- Kindle or book? Book….all the way!
- What’s a normal breakfast for you? sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, mushrooms, scrambled egg…the best savory breakfast ever!
- If you had to choose only one form of exercise for the rest of your life, what would it be? walking, definitely!
- Go to the store or shop on the internet? Prefer to see things in person, so the store…but I rarely have time so I shop online more and more these days 🙂
http://gastroparesisfriendlyliving.com/home – Julianna Van Wagner – Julianna has created her blog/website to help others also diagnosed with Gastroparesis, an intestinal disorder. She shares great recipes with her readers.
http://www.kimberlybayne.com/blog – Kimberly Bayne – Though Kimberly is just starting out with her writing, her blog about Those Girls was one that should be shared with young girls as they start on their journey into womanhood. Very powerful.
http://www.healthyourselfful.com/blog – Melissa Kessler – As a Type 1 diabetic, Melissa has worked hard to live a healthy life. But her journey into eating natural foods and becoming a health coach is helping her see things in a whole new way. I especially appreciated her recent post about heading out to the farmers’ market, a place that many find intimidating until they try it.
http://gracefilledpath.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/live-out-loud/ – Beth Werhan – Beth’s mission is to help people live healthier lives through faith. I hope she continues to develop the blog, as I know there is a group of followers out there looking for this exact thing.
http://www.holdyourheart.com/blog/ – Julia Pimental – Julia’s mission is “to give you relevant, helpful information that will empower you take the steps to feel your best!” Her latest post, Gifts Passed Through Generations, hit a special place in my heart as I have been thinking a lot lately about the relationships between generations.
Nominees, here are your questions:
1.) What is the story behind your blog?
2.) What is your favorite meal to make at home with less than 5 ingredients?
3.) What is the best $100 you have ever spent?
4.) If you could be featured in Health magazine for your blog, what kind of article would you contribute?
5.) What is one skill you would like to obtain over the next two years?
6.) What is one piece of advice that you wish you could pass on to everyone else?
7.) If we were to pull out all of the items in your purse right now, what would we find?
8.) Whenever you are having a bad day, what do you do to perk up?
9.) If, like the newspaper, you could have anything of your choice delivered to your doorstep every morning, what particular item would you want it to be?
10.) What is one way you hope to influence readers with your blog?
What a fun way to share the blog love!!!